Elizabethtown Historical Society
Programs and Calendar of Events
The Elizabethtown Historical Society convenes on the third Tuesday of each month, with the exception of January, February, July, and August. Our programs begin at 7:30pm followed by our business meeting at approx. 8:45 pm. Doors open 7:00pm.
2017 Society Meetings 7:30 pm – 9:00pm
* March 21st Society Meeting 7:30 pm – 9:00pm
* Topic: The Architectural Legacy of Local Architect Cassius Emlen Urban on Elizabethtown and Lancaster.
*Presented by: Jean-Paul Benowitz
* April 18th Society Meeting 7:30 pm – 9:00pm
* Topic: A history of grist mills in the Elizabethtown area
* Presented by: Robert Kinsey
* May 16th Society Meeting 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
*Topic: “Fun night with Fun Facts” Ice Cream Sundaes and Trivia.
* Presented by:Elizabethtown Historical Society
* June 20th Society Meeting 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
*Topic: A timeline of the famous Star Barn
* Presented by: David Abel
No meeting in July or August- Come see us at the Elizabethtown Fair August 21-26 !
* Sept 19th Society Meeting 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
*Topic: Trolleys and Trains that served Elizabethtown
* Presented by: Stan Bowman
* Oct 17th Society Meeting 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
*Topic: A pre-colonial history of the Haldeman Mansion property
* Presented by: Dale Good
* Nov 21st Society Meeting 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
* Topic: A history of Nissley Winery
* Presented by: John Nissley