Current Artifacts


The collection can be viewed before and after monthly meetings, or by special request. Please contact us at 717-361-9382 or info@etownhistory.com to set up a time to see our collection.

More Artifacts Coming Soon!

We are still cataloging our artifacts. Please, check back often as we will add more as soon as possible.

 

Peach Alley School House

The Little Red Schoolhouse was built as a firehouse around 1860. During the Civil War, this was the Elizabethtown Borough Council chambers. Later it served as a one room schoolhouse, then home to the Elizabethtown Boy Scouts Troop No. 1, a recreation center, a private residence, an auto body shop, and a storage shed. Since 1970 it has been the headquarters for the Elizabethtown Historical Society and is now a museum.

The collection can be viewed before and after monthly meetings, or by special request. Please contact us at 717-361-9382 or info@etownhistory.com to set up a time to see our collection.